At Local Agent your property investment is our priority. We provide you with a comprehensive level of services and we focus on taking the stress out of owning an investment property in Caloundra.
Our following services are aimed to give you peace of mind as our property managers maintain your home for you.
Finding tenants for your Property
Marketing your property
- We research the market and use our own large database of properties to determine an accurate attainable rent
- Our website attracts strong visitation each month, high impact ‘RENT HERE’ signage plus www.realestate.com.au
- We refer to our prospective tenant list (people searching who have approached us directly)
- Our high traffic office location on Bulcock Street, Caloundra attracts people looking to rent properties in Caloundra and surrounding suburbs. Our window signage is very appealing and draws daily enquiries.
Selecting the tenant
- We have rigorous process to ensure we select the right tenant for your property.
- Key information including the applicant’s tenancy history and references are checked; we subscribe to the state’s largest tenancy default database
- We provide you with guidance and advice, particularly in relation to the relevant legal requirements
- We’re proactive and while helpful and respectful, we have a reputation for being firm and only accepting applicants we believe will make suitable tenants, which acts as a form of screening in itself.
Preparing documentation & briefing the tenant
- After discussing the key terms with you and negotiating with the tenants, we prepare the lease and entry condition report with supporting photographs
- Before handing over keys we personally meet with the tenants and ensure they understand the terms of tenancy
Managing the tenancy
- About 6 to 8 weeks after the tenants move in, we inspect the premises and a copy of the report is forwarded to you.
- We then conduct inspections periodically and report to you on the condition of the property. We invite owners to attend, if possible, one of the inspections each year
Collecting rent and managing arrears
- We collect all money for rent and water usage and transfer electronically to you, monthly or twice monthly
- Arrears are monitored daily and strict procedures followed to manage the situation; prompt attention and action is crucial
- We also attend to payment of accounts such as repairs & maintenance,council rates, water rates and strata levies, can also be included upon request.
Repairs & maintenance
- Teams of reliable, experienced tradespeople can attend to any repairs and maintenance that arise. We look after a wide range of matters, including smoke alarm replacement, rubbish removal, general cleaning, pest control and electrical/plumbing repairs
- We account to you at the end of each month; statements are emailed or posted
- End of financial year statements provided at no extra charge
- Report of including invoices and statements provided upon request
Keeping you informed
- We use all means available including email and sms; all Local Agents have mobile phones to enable direct contact by owners
- Newsletters are sent monthly and our website has a news section to update you on any significant matters, including changes to regulations
Vacating the property
- Immediately after notice is received we seek your instructions and plan advertising
End of tenancy inspection
- A thorough end of tenancy inspection is conducted to determine the condition of the property
- Where it becomes necessary we prepare the case and represent you at the Consumer Trader & Tenancy Tribunal, whether it is to seek compensation and orders on the tenant or defend any actions they may initiate. In a few instances this may happen during tenancy